Thursday, August 28, 2014

Many changes, new things coming, and a promising horizon!

Many things have happened since the last blog!

What things you may ask?

My Store, Star Glade Crafts, now has Magnet versions of most listings (Some will remain without magnet versions because they're not made at-request [the gryphons and dragons] and are sold as-is).

Each Necklace listing now has the option of having it send on a charm-strap, like you'd have for a cellphone, to put on anything! The idea is to put them onto keyrings though. (This option is reserved for pieces that are made durable enough to better withstand the wear and tear of being around keys/pocketstuffs)

Both of these options allow anyone who doesn't have interest in wearing my charms as necklaces to still enjoy them.

Additionally, there are three new charm designs! Spiderman, Deadpool, and Ironman! (There are magnet versions of these too, as another listing in my store)

 The most current update is that I'm at the moment working on a new charm lineup that I'm VERY excited about, and I hope you will be too--

Dogs!

All different dog breeds. They're slightly larger pendants to my previous works, but that works excellently as magnets.

I'd like to share with you my process of progression. The following image displays on the right hand side my very first attempt at a Labrador.... it didn't go well at all compared to the second attempt on the left!
  At first I was happy with it, but then when I moved on to the next dog breed I realized how horribly I had been going about replicating the facial details. So I recreated the Labrador in this new-found method and attention to detail, making for a greatly improved look with higher realism.

The dog breed designs I have complete so far: Labrador, Corgie, Siberian Husky, and Shibe--Look forward to seeing pictures of those coming soon!

I'd like to take a moment to gush about how much I love that Labrador noses are slightly heart-shaped.... ::Squee::

Second to lastly, I have business cards underway! I've designed them myself, but I'm by no means a graphic designer--in fact I'm not terribly fond of that sort of work.

I'm planning to go to craft shows in my hometown this year and next year, and I needed to have the business cards before doing that.

Finally, I have my own domain for www.stargladecrafts.com. As of this blog post, it only transfers you to my etsy store page, but later down the line it may be my own custom webpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment